Information for Handicapped People
- Access by public transportation:
- Entrance Königin-Luise-Straße or -Platz:
Bus X 83 (towards Steglitz) in front of the museum, bus X 83 (towards Dahlem) and bus 101 across the street. Street crossing for pedestrians regulated by traffic lights.
- Entrance Unter den Eichen:
Bus M48 (towards South) immediately in front of the gate, M48 (towards North) across the street. Street crossing for pedestrians regulated by traffic lights.
- Access by individual transport (by car):
- Stop for unloading allowed in front of the gate Unter den Eichen. There are no handicapped parking spots.
- In the museum building a elevator is available (at the end of the left hall; the exhibition staff will bring you there); WC on the ground floor, main hall (key at cash desk).
- Advice on wild mushrooms: third floor (1. Stock)
- Library: third floor (1. Stock)
- Museum: second to fourth floor (E-, 1. Stock & 2. Stock)
- On the grounds of the garden there are 2 WCs at the Duft- u. Tastgarten (Fragrance and Touch Garden) as well as in the Greenhouse (a third is in the Neue Glashaus for special events).
The Fragrance and Touch Garden is built on elevated beds, within reach of persons sitting in wheel chairs. House P (Plants from the Mediterranean region and the Canary Islands, tree ferns) is accessible by wheelchair.
- The greenhouse complex has 2 levels (a elevator is available to reach both levels). All greenhouses are accessible by wheelchair with no exception.
- A few wheel chairs are available at the gates for free.
- For reservation call 030/838-50272 (Entrance Unter den Eichen) or 030/838-57325 (Entrance Königin-Luise-Platz).
A map indicates accessibility: Red marked garden ways are not accessible for wheel chairs. Get your FREE copy at the entrance or as download (pdf-file, printable, 2,3 MB).
- Red marked garden ways are not accessible for wheel chairs.
- Visit us
- What's on
- The Garden
- The Museum